Insulation for outdoor hunting camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation for outdoor hunting camp

I love hunting and have a general question. Most of the time during hunting, I have to use my camp for taking rest purpose. Due to 40+ degree centigrade of temperature my camp become a hotpot. Need a solution to keep my camp cool so that it will not get warm enough. I recently reviewed the most common home insulation FAQ but I think there are certain things which will be required under this regard. Any suggestions?

Re: Insulation for outdoor hunting camp

Welcome! to CampingForums!

Originally posted by saifberry View Post
    I love hunting and have a general question. Most of the time during hunting, I have to use my camp for taking rest purpose. Due to 40+ degree centigrade of temperature my camp become a hotpot. Need a solution to keep my camp cool so that it will not get warm enough. I recently reviewed the most common home insulation FAQ but I think there are certain things which will be required under this regard. Any suggestions?
    I and others have used tarps erected as sunshades... I have also used heavy duty space blankets for this (shiny side up.

Mostly, now, I erect a pop-up canopy to provide shade...
    some years ago I found some pressurized water bottles with fine misting nozzles these Help some but are very temporary, spray type squirt bottles work but are even more temporary.

I have seen some home brew battery powered swamp coolers that use water evaporation to cool the air inside tents, they seemed to work OK but work best in ultra low humidity environments.

Have also seen pics of people who have adapted window air conditioners to tents ... not sure how well that works...

Hope it helps...

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 03-27-2021, 08:34 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
    X