DIY Lightweight Utility Table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Lightweight Utility Table!

I found this contribution from RhinoDave on "another" RV forum and wanted to share it with our fellow campers. It is inexpensive and made from readily available parts like a walker from a GoodWill store, and wire shelving, and the legs are adjustable for uneven ground:

Last edited by tplife; 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Re: DIY Lightweight Utility Table!

that's awesome
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Innovative and nice re-purposing of materials!
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Has anybody tried using big empty cardboard boxes for tables? Lightweight, collapsable, sturdy, cheap, burn or dispose at end of the trip. cover with plastic to weatherproof..

Cut a door into the box to use for storage...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Has anybody tried using big empty cardboard boxes for tables? Lightweight, collapsable, sturdy, cheap, burn or dispose at end of the trip. cover with plastic to weatherproof..

Cut a door into the box to use for storage...
          Everything cardboard in my area is susceptible to morning dew. When I first car camped I brought certain items in the cardboard boxes they came in. Final result? Soggy boxes with reduced strength. I tried duct taping certain boxes to keep 'em together yet they ultimately became nonburnable rubbish just not when I wanted them to..
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I'm having trouble seeing detail in the picture, can you tell me how the Shelves are screwed/bolted to the walker? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Glamping, the picture owner gave me permission to use his links. See the detailed shot above and here. The bottom wire shelf simply lays inside, and the top shelf lays over one side and on top of the other - cheap zip ties might be a way to stabilize the top shelf if desired...

“People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

DIY Lightweight Utility Table!

That is perfect for me. I can't wait to build one.
                  Jack
                  Thrift store tent
                  Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

I need to make one of these!

Comment

Working...
                    X