High output wood gas stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High output wood gas stove

I don't know how many folks here have ventured onto You tube and seen all the homemade and production wood gas stoves out there but there are a bunch. I made one with a paint can and large pineapple container but it wouldn't burn bigger pieces of wood and smoked more than I would like. Someone posted that if you could make it taller you would get the chimmey effect (more draft) eliminating the need for a fan. By placing one paint can on top of the original one I know have what I desired, burn bigger chucks, less smoke, more heat and easier to keep going. The three pieces of flat iron attached to the sides of the top can to secure to the bottom can was all it took to do the trick. The top can is held on with just pressure so the bottom can be easily emptied of ash. I don't even take my coleman camping anymore, a new tradition. Can even burn pinecones if you forgot your saw. I use it like a regular stove for pots and cast iron skillets but have added new twists, like pie irons. I now make burgers and fresh brautworst in my double pie iron w/o burning them.
    Attached Files

Re: High output wood gas stove

More pics if you have them. especially of the inside.

Comment

Working...
    X