Homemade Chuck Box from an Ammo Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Chuck Box from an Ammo Box

Here's an easy way to pack your cooking necessities in a very portable, tough, and ez to make chuck box.
    My family of 4 spent 2 weeks on the road in Colorado and this set up was all we needed to prepare our food. This chuck box is made from a 33mm Ammo Box that I purchased at a local army surplus store.
    Most chuck boxes that I've seen are bulky, heavy and just plain 'over-kill'. The other nice thing about this one is the fact that it's metal.... I put magnets inside which holds various utensils. I also will place a magnet on the outside when I'm cooking which holds my metal spatula off of filthy surfaces (like having another hand). This thing ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwLmUy-AgNQ

Re: Homemade Chuck Box from an Ammo Box

Awesome. Great job. What size skillet was that?
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I'm using a 12-13" skillet.

Comment

Absolutely excellent, Captain Belly. I wish you were my neighbor so you could help me with the metal cutting and bending.

Comment

Cutting is done with a jigsaw. The bending can be done with a very cheap metal break that I bought for less than $40 at Harbor Freight. This is how I accumulate tools...... Which is part of my evil plan to have more tools than any other man in the whole world! (Insert evil laugh here)

Comment

Working...
          X