i'm curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm curious...

i'm not sure where this goes, so i just put it here in the off topic.
    has anyone ever built their own camping trailer? those like the teardrops or scamp style trailers. i'm just curious. i have a 7x12 trailer that i use for absolutely nothing, i mean nothing and i've been looking at some of these homemade trailers and was thinking of building one. i would most likely only use it for just hunting or just to have for that "just in case" time i might want it. it would be my late fall or winter winter project this year and tested during the spring or late winter time. i'm not much up on camper camping, i've tried it and didn't like it, but this little small style homemade camper has intrigued me for some reason

Re: i'm curious...

Howdy pitmaster, thought you might get better responses in DIY section! Good Luck!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

thanks buddy! i must have not seen that section at or i'd have posted there LOL...thanks again, i'm still feeling my way around here

Comment

No worries! You're fine, pleased as punch you're spending time here! And that you are making yourself at home when you're not camping!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

it feels good here to be honest. i belong to a few other forums of different varities (motorcycles, cycling, scouting) and i like this place! i like the input of others when you ask a question and being able to give some input and it be taken well. i do wish it was slightly more active like some of the other sites i'm on, but i guess that's what make it more easy feeling lol

Comment

Welcome Pit Master. It is a little slower on this forum, but there isn't much bashing like some other sites. I did see someone took a 4X8 folding trailer from Harbor Frieght and made a mini camper out of it. I don't think it would be to hard to make a camper on top of a trailer, you could make it as nice or as bare bones as you like.
            Nights camped in 2019: 24
            Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

thanks, king! yea, i like the non bashing attitude and relaxed atmosphere i've experience here so far. mine would most likely be bare bones, just the things i need and nothing more. i've thought of doing it several ways. i've got some ideas and one is selling it and getting me a closed in trailer and working with that. i've found a few closed trailers at decent prices and there's lots i could do with it that way to. but i think the excitement of just building it from the ground up would be much more appealing and satisfying

Comment

I have been researching tear drop trailer plans for the last year. The good plans cost around $100...OUCH!
                but I found some on Ebay for $35 that came with a cd. Most folks that build them are buying the large Harbor Freight trailers as the base. One of my hobbies is welding, and I'm planning to build my own tear drop. I built a utility trailer a couple years ago, and my plan is to design and build a tear drop camper that slides into the utility trailer. Kind of a 2 for 1 deal. If I ever get the time to do this, I'm going to brag shamelessly about it all over the web. I can't wait to do this... I think it will be a fairly original idea for such a trailer. what do you think?

Comment

Not trying to hi jack your post but if you look on Costco's website www.costco.com they have a very unique camper/utility trailer for around $2 - $3 k if I'm not mistaken. It may be more than someone on a budget would want to spend but seems to be very multifunctional!

Comment

Working...
                  X