Inexpensive On-Board Water System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive On-Board Water System

We live out of the back of our 4Runner for days at a time and to make life just a little easier we built this inexpensive on-board water dispensing system. The water tank sits adjacent to our cook stove and allows us easy access to fresh water when we cook. We can also roll down the back window to fill water bottles while we travel.

Parts List:
    1 Whale 881 submersible pump
    1 Shurflo 94-009-01 faucet
    3' of 3/8"ID tubing
    3/4"NPT-1/2"NPT reducing bushing
    7-gal Reliance Products Jumbo-Tainer
    4' 18ga wire
    1 12V cigarette outlet adapter

Tools Required:
    Soldering Iron
    Hacksaw
    5/16" drill bit
    Drill
    Dremel Tool

Finished Product

To learn more about how we made our water system, visit our website at www.theoverlandgourmet.com or click here.
    Last edited by flyfishexpert; 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM.
    Beau

Gourmet Cooking * Travel * 4WD

Re: Inexpensive On-Board Water System

This is a great thing! Thanks for sharing! Deep-down I'm pleased that you do spend quality time with us! This is a great invention used timely! Thanks for sharing!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Nice set up. Now I need to make one for my Suburban.

Comment

I already have several of the Reliance 7-gallon "Aquatainer" jugs - a more square design with gravity spigot. If this pump and faucet will fit it too, that would be a bonus! Another idea for my upcoming Toy-hauler TT project! :cool:
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
          I already have several of the Reliance 7-gallon "Aquatainer" jugs - a more square design with gravity spigot. If this pump and faucet will fit it too, that would be a bonus! Another idea for my upcoming Toy-hauler TT project! :cool:
          I believe the 'Aquatainer' utilizes the same lid as the Jumbo Tainers so you should be good to go. You can find most of the parts at any RV shop and on ebay.
          Beau

Gourmet Cooking * Travel * 4WD

Comment

Awesome! I want to make one. Where did you get the Whale 881 submersible pump?

Comment

The only online sources seem to be in the UK. We need a US source to make this work.
              Or maybe find another manufacturer with something similar.
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
              X