Well, my husband won.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my husband won.

It seems like every time we can get out to camp the weather gets bad. My husband kept telling me if we had an RV we could extend our camping and the weather would not be as much as an issue.

We compromised and purchased a minivan and turned it into a mini RV. It worked well but the weather was still a problem. Can’t cook if storming. We still had to drive to town and pay for showers.

He finally wore me down. We purchased a class B Roadtrek Zion SRT last week. I grew up RV camping and I really didn’t enjoy it. I hope this will be better. The Zion will make traveling easier and he promised we will camp a lot more.

Re: Well, my husband won.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise. Those Roadtrek's are nice , and should help extend your camping later into the season. Enjoy, nothing is forever. If you don't like it try something else.

Comment

"RV camping" is what you make it. Think back on the parts you didn't like as a kid and work to keep that from happening now.

Congratulations on the new rig!
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Agreed with toedtoes. You get to decide what your camping trips are like. You can even take a tent with you and use that if you want. I am anxious to hear about the first trip.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

We camped in Monarch last weekend. I really didn’t feel like we we actually camping but I enjoyed being at the campground. The leaves are changing and it was peaceful. It was cold and it rained and very windy the whole time. We got a primitive spot, the sites are larger. We had the furnace on and with lithium batteries I made dinner in my instant pot. All the tent campers left about an hour after we got there, I give them a lot of credit for trying, we wouldn’t have been there in the tent. So having the RV isn’t horrible. We have stayed in it a couple of times and for extending the season it is great. Another trip is planned for Saturday.

Comment

Working...
          X