Banana Nut Bread Pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Nut Bread Pudding

The secret ingredient in Banana Nut Bread Pudding is bread crumbs. Dry and light to carry, bread crumbs absorb the sweet juice created when you gently cook banana slices and sugar in water.

I know it looks like mush in the photo, but trust me; you'll eat it and ask for seconds.
    Ingredients:
    • ½ cup banana slices, dried
    • ¼ cup mixed nuts
    • ¼ cup bread crumbs
    • 2 tsp sugar
    • ½ cup water

At Home:

For more information about dehydrating bananas, see the dehydrating fruit page.

Learn how to make bread crumbs using a dehydrator on the making bread crumbs page.

Place banana slices and sugar in a 3 x 5 plastic bag and place nuts and bread crumbs in another 3 x 5 plastic bag. Slide the two bags into a 4 x 6 plastic bag to stay organized and compact.

On the Trail:

Combine banana slices and sugar with water in a small pot and heat over low flame until banana slices are soft and warm. Ten or fifteen minutes of warming will get the job done.

Extinguish flame and stir in nuts and bread crumbs. After a few rotations of the spoon, the bread crumbs will absorb the sweet juices and the banana slices will break down into pudding.

Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
    I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Re: Banana Nut Bread Pudding

I may have to try that on this next trip...that sounds good.
    2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Re: Banana Nut Bread Pudding

There’s nothing like something yummy to help with the disappointment of not being able to do what you had your heart set on. You’ll be all packed and completely ready by the time they hit water, and you’ll be glad you did wait a couple of extra days.
      Your bread pudding looks wonderful. I’ll have to make it for my family. Thanks for sharing it with us.
      DO NOT be found in a camping tents while being out. Just walk,run,fly in the hug of nature.:D

Comment

Working...
      X