Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken A La King

Howdy,
    Here's an easy meal...a little fore thought though!

Ingredients:
    • 6 1/2 oz. can chicken or 1/2 cup freeze dried chicken
    • 1/2 cup dry milk
    • 3 tsp. margarine
    • 3 tsp. flour
    • 2 tsp. dried parsley
    • small pinch of thyme
    • 1/2 cup freeze dried peas
    • 2 cups thin noodles
    Directions:
    1. Boil 2 1/2 cups water, add the noodles, and cook 5 min or until just done. Stir in chicken with juice; add peas, 1/2 cup dry milk, and a pinch of thyme and parsley. Take off the heat.
    2. In another pot, melt 3 tsp. margarine. Add 3 tsp. flour and cook over low heat for a minute. Add contents of rist pot and stir vigorously. Cook a few minutes until thick, adding a little water as needed.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I can not wait to try this one. I have been looking for a good sos recipe for a while now. I have enjoyed the french toast recipes and the blue cheese steal recipe. Both have become staples for our camping trip.

Comment

Howdy RX,
      Thanks you for your very kind words...I am very happy that you have enjoyed the receipes. Happy to hear that other campers are using them! Great comfort to my scribbling and testing! Thankyou!:o:o
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Chicken A la King

Excellent recipe.

For "noodles", Susan and I use angle hair noodles. They cook really fast, saving fuel usage (if that is important).

We take chopped (at home) roasted almonds and chopped cashews and add them to traditional/nontraditional means. It gives the meal more protein and fat (if hiking is involved in the past or next day's activities.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
        X