Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Hammock Advice?

Can anyone give me advice on Hammocks?
    My nephew wants me to do a small overnight trip with him and I know he is using a hammock instead of a tent. So I would like to get myself a hammock. I have looked at a few for my size 6 feet 250 pounds. I see that some show them sleeping from end to end and others have you sleeping to the side some, at an angle. I am not looking for a cold weather hammock and I do get hot when I sleep. Like night sweats.
    If you have or are using a hammock for camping any advice would be great. The three I have been looking at are:

Hennessy Safarie Deluxes Zip

Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz

Clark TX 250

I do want a bug net and a tarp. And price does not matter. But I know nothing about camping hammocks. I have been doing research on YouTube but most of the vid’s talk about setting them up and not much else.

Re: Camping Hammock Advice?

www.hammockforums.net will have all the answers you need. Those guys know hammocks.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
      www.hammockforums.net will have all the answers you need. Those guys know hammocks.
      X1... The site is reliable.
      DO NOT be found in a camping tents while being out. Just walk,run,fly in the hug of nature.:D

Comment

Yeah...they do know all about hanging out.
        2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Thank You for pointing me in the right direction

Comment

Hi nickadeamus

before my first trip with hammock I was like you, i didn’t know anything about hammock i was little bit lost .
            A friend of mine told me that he got a great experience with his ticket to the moon hammock .

They propose a whole range of customized hammocks and accessories on www.ticketothemoon.com, and I took delivery of mine in less than 5 days !
            I got a Double ones, which allows to use the diagonal and have your back flat . They have a 200 kg load capacity.
            This type of hammock is perfect for not cold wheather because its breathable fabric which let air passes trough, so no sweat and not this bad feeling of being wet when you Wake up in the morning !

Comment

Working...
            X