Vibram FiveFingers Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibram FiveFingers Review

Well I did it this weekend, I got me a pair. I went to REI in Round Rock Texas. They had 4 different men's versions; Treksport, KSO, Flow, and Bikila. They only had the Treksport and Flow in my size. The Flow was a little tight across the top of my foot and the heal did not really have much support, I really felt the strap digging in behind my heel. If I had this as my only impression I would have not gone any further in trying them out. The sales staff was a one man show and he seemed put out with the customers that were trying on different boots, sandals, shoes, and the Vibrams. I asked to try the Treksport, it has a more textured sole and a bit more support around the back of the heel. I got the same size as the Flow, they were both snug to slip into for the first time but the Treksport to me offered a more supportive feel. The heel was more comfortable, the top of my foot was still snug but it was much better, even though these were the same size. I decided to purchase the Treksport after a short stroll through the second floor. I did not wear them out of the store but wanted to like I did when I was a kid. My next stop was Lowes to help my brother pick out tile. I decided to slip my Treksports on and try a little break in walk around the store. I ended up wearing them for about 10 hours. I heard that your feet would hurt and need getting used to being near bare footed for the first few long periods of time. I run around bare foot a lot so I did not have much of an issue. At the end of the day the Vibram Treksport felt like an extension of my feet, no pain at all. They slipped off easy, and did not have any odor, well no odor so far. Now I did not go hiking, trail running, or even see much in the grass and dirt department, my break in period was concrete walking only. I love these shoes. They will get you a few looks and inquires as to what you are wearing by some. I can say for a fact that I plan on getting another pair, I have a bit of OCD where I feel I need two pair of shoes, boots, sandals, and now the Vibrams. My next pair will be the Bikila LS versions, I think the added adjustability across the top of the foot will add to the comfort. REI Men's Vibram FiveFinger Shoe Lineup

Got them on about to begin my first walk around in them.
    Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Re: Vibram FiveFingers Review

Excellent report! Thanks for the photo too! Over the long-haul you shouldn't be disappointed!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Cool! I'm glad it worked out for you.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I absolutely love my KSOs. One thing to keep in mind, gravel sucks. My feet feel awesome after stomping around in local pine forests all day but, on manicured trails(gravel, roots in the sand, and such), I feel like I'm walking, well, barefoot on sharp gravel.

Comment

Wow! I've never hiked in mine (I use them solely for running) but now that you mention it i may give them a try. I have the treksports as well. i sometimes get a pain in my shins after wearing them for too long. you didnt find that?

Comment

I love my KSOs, though they are falling apart a little bit already - probably because I wear them too much.

Comment

Working...
            X