lightweight tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightweight tents

hey guys planning on doing a substantial backpacking camping trip through southest, central asia in the next year. naturally this involves a pretty diverse range of temperatures so have been thinking pretty heavily about what kind of tent i should pick up so i came to the place where people know about that.. :D

I guess lightweight is fairly important as I will be doing a lot of moving around. The tent I was considering was the Salewa Micra II

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

seems to tick all the boxes.. a fairly light, solid and spacious (for a 1 man tent) anyone had any experience with this tent or can recomend something more suited for me?:confused::confused:

cheers!

Re: lightweight tents

Originally posted by bobalong View Post
    "...substantial backpacking camping trip through southest, central asia in the next year."
    I'm very impressed anytime I read about someone doing backpacking camping, but never more when it's in another country. Sounds exciting and scary all at the same time. I hope you will post lots of photos and share your experiences with us.

I'm not the backpacking camping type, so I have to live vicariously through others. :D
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

oops - posted in wrong spot
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

The weight of that tent is kind of up there, especially for having aluminum poles.

Here is a link to other two man tents that are all under 3 pounds or 1363 grams. They are also about the same price as the one you have been looking at.

I really love that site because they allow you to use weight as one of the search criteria.

Hope this helps, but please let us know how your search goes.
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

I agree w/Ben.... That is really on the heavy side for a one person tent. The site he gave I liked when I looked at it. Big Agnes makes some very good tents. I personally like tents which I can get in on the side - so much easier to get in and out of, and the vestibule/s are a bit bigger, too.
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Picked up one of these a couple of years back for motorcycle camping, outstanding for backpacking as well due to size, quality, and weight, the Sierra Designs 2-person Electron. Note the full vestibule on one side and dual entry doors, anodized aluminum poles. Good production numbers ensure availability at a discount, I paid $90 for my $200-including-tax model:

“People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
            X