Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My search for aluminum tent poles.. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My search for aluminum tent poles.. help!

I have a Eureka Apex 2XT and am wanting to get some aluminum poles for it. I have gone to the Eureka site, but they do not seem to offer poles for my tent.

I then did a web search and found carbon fiber poles, but I didn't read any really GOOD reviews about them.

Figured I would throw out an SOS in the backpacking part of the forum for some help. Does anyone know where I could go for some aluminum poles?
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Have you tried calling the company?
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Comment

Most tents I see using aluminum poles don't seem to have the degree of curvature needed by the fiberglass-poled dome tents. Something to think about. Maybe the aluminum poles simply can't bend enough, or would suffer from over-working if continually bent?
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I have not tried actually calling Eureka, but I may just do that.

My buddies tent with aluminum poles seems to have nearly the degree of curvature as my tent does, but I suppose it is possible that you are right, Bigdog57.

I may also look further into those carbon fiber poles. I understand they can be about half the weight of aluminum ones.
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

You can also use email to get a hold of Eureka also. I had a problem a number of years ago with the zipper in an early model of Eureka tent. Sent them an email and within a day they had responded in a favorable way. Now, though I'm a die-in-the-wool Kodiak canvas tent camper, Kodiak also has always been helpful in my questions to them in the written form. It isn't so easy to just pick up the phone and actually talk to a person any longer. Just a thought.

http://www.eurekatent.com/home.aspx
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
          X