Who's Backpackin': July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Backpackin': July 2010

Hey, If you're plannin' on backpackin' during the month of July 2010 and would like to share your plans, either detailed or as general as you want; please post up your plans here.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Right now, I have the choice: Poison Oak or snow.

Snow level is still at 3,000', poison oak is healthy, active, and beautiful up to 3,000' around here. Major, major bummer for those of us itchin' to pound some trail:mad:

Somethin' 'll work out!
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I'm going backpacking in Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky in late July. I got a new backpack, and an LED flashlight that I am itching to try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard18 View Post
        I got a new backpack, and an LED flashlight that I am itching to try out.
        You didn't show which LED you have/use. I use [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]http://www.flashlightz.com/product.p...product=158194 one like this, which I attached to a piece of 12 gauge multi-strand wire on one end of the wire, and on the other I connected an alligator clip. That way, I can clip it to something to shine on my work, instead of holding it between my teeth.

Yes, even with a llama carrying my load, the "ultra-light" gene controls a lot of my choices. That llama doesn't know how good he has it!:o
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
        X