Who's Backpackin': June 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Backpackin': June 2010

I know I'm early but the dust is settlin' on my calendar for June and July and my schedule is starting to take shape:

June 1-3 we take the new cargo van out for a "shake down" cruise up to Bend Oregon. We will be doing some trail walking in the Bend area, then head west, up Santiam Pass and see if this excuse for a Hilton does what we want it to do. There is still some interior work to be done on it, but will send up pictures when that gets done.

June 10-14 I will be heading out for a shake down walk with Billy Bob. He and I are now walking 2.5-3.0 miles a day, with him now carrying two gallons of water in each of his two saddle bags.

June 17-21 I will be somewhere in the Trinity's.

The final days of June Susan will be out trail pounding someplace. Since one of us should be home at least every other day or two, I will have to pick and choose what days I take off.

I will put up pictures of my "gear" when I get it organized and ready to store in the packs. This way you can see what I take when I go out for 5-7 days.

I'm jazzed!
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

I'm pleased as punch that you're "jazzed"! And folk with plans need the space to pen their thoughts and their excitement. Thanks for startin' June's Campin' Plans. Good luck to you! Say a howdy for me towards Billy Bob! Guess that does it, I'll start July's & Aug's Whose Camping next! Thanks pard for the kick in my pants, I need it from time to time! It'll be great to see your photos!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm still happy for ya and Susan! That is some beautiful country you visit! Thanks for sharin!

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        I'm pleased as punch that you're "jazzed"! And folk with plans need the space to pen their thoughts and their excitement. Thanks for startin' June's Campin' Plans. ........
        Ya......... No problem. I truly hope I didn't step on anyone's toes blabbin' about what I'm doin in June. It was just a case of breaking out of the winter "cabin fever" and knowing I was REALLY" going to scratch that itch - and needin to spread the news!

We have been focused on getting the food dried we want for backpacking, so we can start packaging meals.

Thursdays through Mondays in the month of July have me on the trail, too, but I don't know where yet, then of course, there is the last 15 days of August, and the first 15 days of September when both Susan and I will be pounding trails. More on that later..........

Susan leaves Tuesday for 8 days in the lower elevations of the Trinity's, giving me 8 days to put metal siding on the bunkhouse, replace a frostless water faucet, do the "finish" work in the bunkhouse, get the irrigation working in the pastures, and lastly, put more weight on Billy Bob and get him/me exercise.
        Last edited by Eaglebait Ranch; 05-15-2010, 05:01 PM.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

How can you step on anyone's toes when we all LOVE camping. Yes, indeed, there are many forms and they are all represented here except those that camp with their apartments on wheel(RVs)! Thanks again for jumpin' in and startin' June's Campin' Plans.

Yes, in June we are planning a couple of short weekends out, probably to "Lakeside Campground". It's the exact spot where the Donner Party of 1847 camped when they became stranded. Today, it on the shores of Lake Prosser near Truckee, CA. That's like 45 minutes from our driveway. That'll be fun! Went by there today to check the place out and it is still closed and won't open until memorial day weekend. We also tried to drive 4x4 into Independence Lake and there the road is closed due to a stream that is flooded and snow still 5' thick in spots! Webber Lake too, it still snow bound and not scheduled to open until July 1. This winter was a big one.

The Truckee River normally flows at 17 cubic feet per second has been estimated to flow at the end of May 2010 at 230 cubic feet per second!:eek::eek:
          Thanks again Chuck, for starting June's Campin' Plans!

Comment

Working...
          X