Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backpacking Excursion

Hello everyone!
    I'm going abroad for a year next school semester and I'm planning on doing some backpacking through the country.
    First, I wanted you guys opinion about backpacks and if you feel that there is a difference between backwoods backpacking, and traveling through a country and staying near towns and people and traveling via train.
    I suppose I'm needing a pack that can hold a week or a little more (clothes, toiletries, small necessities and some souvenirs). Any of you have a brand that you swear by or have any experience yourselves

thanks in advance,
    Amber

Hi Amber,

I'd suggest doing a google search on something like travel with backpack. I did a quicky and found: http://www.travellerspoint.com/ which had a forum on traveling with backpacks.

My wife and I will be couchsurfing in Australia/Tasmania in November. As "gifts" to our hosts, we are taking an outdoors picture of us and laminated to magnetic strips, as refrigerator magnets. We are going to make about 15 of these and hand them out. The reason we chose these as small "Thank You" gifts is that they are small, light, and pack easily in our backpacks.

Small, light, and packable is going to be your consideration when getting souvenirs.

Good luck.........
    Last edited by Eaglebait Ranch; 05-29-2010, 08:18 PM.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

My wife and I will be couchsurfing in Australia/Tasmania in November. As "gifts" to our hosts, we are taking an outdoors picture of us and laminated to magnetic strips, as refrigerator magnets. We are going to make about 15 of these and hand them out. The reason we chose these as small "Thank You" gifts is that they are small, light, and pack easily in our backpacks.

Small, light, and packable is going to be your consideration when getting souvenirs.
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Amber, welcome to CF!
        You may want to check out this forum, as they are HEAVY into hiking and many members are overseas or have been there hiking. They should be able to answer any questions.....

http://www.abc-of-hiking.com/forum/
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X