Trinity Alps (May 27-31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Alps (May 27-31)

I will be taking a father and son out for a few days of "introductory" backpacking over the dates mentioned to Middle Boulder Lake the first day (about 2 miles from trailhead), East Boulder Lake the second day (about 3 miles hike). The intent is to show them how/what I pack/eat and sample some of the foods I take. I am not going to "feed" them, but will take enough and a variety for sampling.

If any of you living in the area would like to join me/us, I invite you. On the third day (Saturday, I think), anyone who wishes to head back to their vehicles may do so. Anyone who wishes to stay at either of the two lakes may do so. Anyone who wishes to take off on their own, may do so.

Me? On that Saturday, I am freeing myself from everyone and heading out for another 2-3 days of trail pounding. Of course, you would be welcome to shadow me. I don't travel fast, or far, during a day, but I do travel.......
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Howdy Eaglebait, if I had a mind to and could get away from the beautiful Sierra and was in better physical shape without a "Baker's cyst" behind my left knee and could stand a good pack on my back and had gotten in shape instead of moving to Reno...I'd fly up there to Kamath and join ye! But I don't wanna walk behind no lama who's owner probably doesn't scoop poop off the trail for another pounder. No harm meant. Just don't wanna walk behind a lama and my physical self ain't ready for backpackin' yet. Sounds enticing in a couple of years. If I hadn't been in that Army helicopter in Greeley, AK(1977), and if that bird didn't have that hard landing from a thirty-five foot drop I would be there in a heartbeat! I'd consider myself fortunate to trail pound with you, by cracky!:o
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
    X