Best backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best backpack

I have been looking around for a lightweight 2-3 day backpack. There are so many choices I'm not sure what is best for me. Anybody have any suggestions?

I found some info at mtnout.com talking about the North Face Scareb pack. Has anyone had any experience with this pack?

TylerC,

This is a great site, filled with lots of information and a bunch of people who want nothing more than to chat, give a helping hand, and learn from others. Jump in any time with your two cents.

You say you are looking for some trails to pound. I am on the west coast, have left a lot of boot prints in Trinity Alps, Siskiyous, and Cascade ranges (Northern California through Central Oregon). I'm curious as to where you have been pounding trails or wish to pound trails. Chime in anytime.......
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I would suggest taking a look at Outdoor Products backpacks. I have a buddy that uses his all the time and he's had it for about 5 years.
      You might wonder about the quality of a backpack that only costs around 30 bucks. But like I wrote above, my friend has one and uses it for camping and hiking all the time.
      Check em out.

Comment

The pack I use

The pack I use is a Mountainsmith All Terrain Recycled Backpack Men's. It works great. It is maid out of recycled material and that is good for the environment.

Comment

hey guys, im going to brazil and found a great site about equipments camping,
          www.equipamentoscamping.com.br

Comment

Re: Best backpack

i love my kelty coyote 4750 it can be a little big, but hte compression straps can get it small

Comment

What about a good old GI Alice pack? They are not lightweight but are not that heavy either. I have a bad back and can not carry much of a load but this pack works well for me, I use the back pad and spent a lot of time setting the straps and waist belt to my liking, it is comfortable to carry. This pack is very durable and has a large selection of pockets and pouches, try one out at a surplus store and see if you like it, good luck. Here is a photo of mine set up Click image for larger version

Name:	New GI Alice Pack loaded up, awesome bag. Thanks to John Walker for the deal..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	69273for a 5 day camp.

Comment

I am partial to the new military ruck sacks with the hard plastic frames and padding . They'll hold over 100lbs of stuff and more pockets than you could know what to do with! Though for hiking I prefer to pack light these packs make a weekend trip with everything you need on your back possible.

Comment

I am a big fan of the Kifaru Ultralight series. The 3700 is my intermediate pack. I really like it. 3700 cubic inches and around 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I got THIS Alps daypack as a gift last year and I love it. Fits everything I need to fit and really lightweight (little under 3lbs)

Comment

I would definately go to a local storwe and try on every pack that appeals to you. It will help you decide what is needed for you and what is not, and it not such a bad way to spend a rainy day. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X