No announcement yet.

"Tour de Apalachicola V" is in the bag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tour de Apalachicola V" is in the bag!

http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/Seawolf1090/

Here is my Photobucket site with pics from our just completed Dual SPort Motorcycle Meet. Weather began on the chilly side - thirty degrees Friday morning. Was a low in the fifties Saturday night. Rained Friday night and all day Saturday though.
    Friday we held our biggest single "Group Ride" ever - 20 riders altogether! They rode from 10:30 that morning, til they rode in just before dark. Had several rest and photo stops, and a few major 'water crossings'! None was too awefully deep, but two bikes did get dropped into the drink and had to be flushed out - take spark plugs off and pump the water out!
    We had ten RVs, from popups to big Trailers. One PU truck camper, and a few Toy Haulers (provision inside for the bikes).
    I took my little bivytent, but it proved cramped and cold - I spent Thursday night in one buddy's popup, sharing with him. Then on Saturday night, I had the use of another buddy's smaller popup, as he was sleeping at an off-site fishing cabin. Hmmm..... I could get used to using popups!
    On Friday night, it began raining about midnight, but I had already moved my air matress and blankets inside the roofed over shelter (concrete floor) - like the cowboys of "the Old West", I slept with my 'horse'! :D
    We had no onsite kitchen facility this year, so we foraged for our meals. We had "Angel's Seafood By The Dam" right next door, and Angel had 10% discount cards for our group - a nice bennie we had not expected!
    Miss Linda, our camp hostess, realy made us all at home and was great. She made sure we had hookups for the RVs and electrical and water for the tent sites. Since she took the money and 'rode herd' on this group, it took a lot of the trouble off me. We were right on the Oklocknee River just below the Lake Talquin Dam, with a boatramp - but nobody brought a boat or fishing gear.
    I bailed out Sunday afternoon, while a few riders stayed that night and pulled out Monday morning.
    So, our fifth annual campout was a good success! We look forward to doing it again next year!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Glad you had a great time and thanks for the link to your photos!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

"Tour de Apalachicola V" is in the bag

You always say that, but I came in contact with people like that ALL the time...maybe it is just a valley and coastal thing?

Comment

Working...
      X