Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Mojave Dispersed Camping Excellence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Mojave Dispersed Camping Excellence!

Howdy,
    Here's where we went camping over Halloween weekend 2009. We were the only people camping here. We drove to Nine Mile, Tamarisk, and Six Mile Coves also and saw no one. Arizona is on the otherside of the lake and a 200 mile drive to get there but we saw no other's dust the entire weekend(4 nights 5 days)! The water was flat only two hours in the morning and a hour at dusk. Yes, you can't be afraid of the wind out here, but always wary of Lake Mojave. Lake Mojave is not to be trusted! Thanks for looking!:D Day temps average 81 degrees and morning chill was 49 degrees. While out fishing we actually saw and heard a pair of loons, wow! That is the first time I have ever seen and heard loons in the waters around southern Nevada! Wish I had taken my Canon XTi & 600mm lens out but in a kayak you can't carry everything and putting food on our table was more important than putting photos on the web. Oh, well, maybe next time.

BTW: NPS is constructing a fee booth now, so in a few months fees will be collected to enter Lake Mojave.
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-04-2009, 11:58 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Working...
X