Tn State Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tn State Parks

I didn't see a recent thread about TN parks in here so I thought I'd start a new one.

Our fav. Tn park so far is Natchez Trace. We camp at Cub Lake. Spent last summer's vac there, stayed at the hotel in March, and went kid free camping over Labor Day. Cub lake is a small campground with no sewer hookups. Pin Oak has sewer. There are miles of off road trails to ride on horses, atv's, and in our Ram truck. It's beautiful and serene there. Next spring when we buy our new camper it will be the first place we go visit. Gonna camp at Pin Oak that trip to try camping with sewer {that will be a first for us} Cub Lake is beautiful, you can rent small paddle boats, or john boats, you can walk all the way across from the cabins to the campground,to the beach. The water is clear and clean. The playground is small, but there's a slide and swings. There's places to fish all over the lake. It's a clean campground. It's more geared toward pop up campers and smaller travel trailers. There's a tent campground there too that's large, but not on the water. The bath house is clean and big enough for the campground. Lot's of tree's and some sites are kind of private. We were on site 13 of campground 1 over Labor Day and how we had the site set up you'd never know there were other people around. We love it there.

We went to Fall Creek Falls this year on vac and it was a bit of a nightmare. We're fat and out of shape so hiking didn't appeal to us. The waterfalls were beautiful, don't get me wrong. It was crowded and the sites are super close to each other and small. The kids had fun b/c they're camping. That is until it rained. You have to bring anything you plan to do with you b/c theres nothing close to go and do. I know that's the point of camping, but when you've got 7 kids piled into a pop up for hours on end they got bored. I'm sure its beautiful in the fall, but it was just too crowded for our liking in June.
Working...
X