Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAL Camping // Where?

Hello Forum Members:

I am posting on here in an effort to seek out a place to go camping (obviously). And by camping, I should mention that I mean real camping. You know, where you hike until you need to settle down and eat or pitch a tent for a snooze, and with none of that "regulated campsites" stuff. My friends and I are looking to do some more traditional hiking and camping, without having to spend a night around a bunch of families and people.

Now, before it is asked, I will provide information! No, we're not new to camping in the wilderness, it just apparently is hard to find areas to hike/camp the way we want to. Someone in another area mentioned the Appalachian Mountains, but that is not in the general area we wanna go. We are going in late June/early July and would prefer areas around Colorado/Utah, and if there are places in or near Moab that allow more traditional camping, that'd be great, but we've never been and haven't heard. We are all from Colorado and have generally spent most camp trips here. Another thing we have to consider is dogs. Sadly, the area has to allow dogs. It sucks not being able to get a dog-sitter, but it seems likely we won't be able to find one, and one of the dogs cannot be kenneled -- she has broken 4 by throwing her body weight at them, and just absolutely hates them. I guess when rescued, they had no idea about her phobia!

Anyway, any and all help/ideas are appreciated. =) Thank you in advance.
Working...
X