My Kodiak tent experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kodiak tent experience

Making a dedicated post about this tent. So I bought this tent two years ago after we had a kid and our small lightweight for person tent just wasn't enough for the family needs anymore. I decided on a canvas tent because no rainfly, the longevity of them, the ability to stand up in the tent, and despite a few negative reviews they got generally stellar reviews.

Bought the tent, set it up, and did the whole wet down and let dry to seal the seams. All so far so good. Then the first few camping trips had no rain so it was still going great. Then on one trip it rained. There was a small puddle on the floor next to the door. A few other spots of water on the floor but we just brushed them off. I bought a bottle of kiwi waterproofing and sealed all the seams thinking this would solve it.

It did not. Every time it rains we have to put a towel in front of the door seams. I wrote the company. No response. I wrote them again and no answer. Third time I have up. After I made the last post about it here somebody suggested I write the company and see what they say once again. I did including the forum post I made here. I FINALLY got a response back.

Now, we are currently at green river lake in Kentucky and it's been raining since ten last night. Ranging from rainstorms to drizzle. We've now seen where it leaks and let's just say pretty much everywhere. The door seams at the floor are the worst, causing a small stream to run if we aren't on top of it. One of the walls is leaking. And a few of the roof seams are leaking. I'm not sure another can of kiwi sealer will fix this. I took pictures and sent them to Kodiak going that they have a solution. A 500 dollar tent is an investment, to say I'm disappointed is a little but of an understatement. My old Coleman tent from Wal-Mart never leaked like this. Two years later I can't really send this back for a refund from where I've bought it. But I've also never been stuck in the rain like this before where it's been raining for twelve hours with no let up.

I'll update when I hear back from Kodiak. In the meantime I'm getting dripped on. :(
Working...
X