New to forum in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum in Texas

Hello everyone. Longtime camper for almost 50 years. Live deep in the Big Thicket of East Texas. Enjoy all types of camping, from stealth camping in hammocks in the National Forest during hunting season to car camping in sites with electricity, to picking a campsite spot in the Wal-mart parking lot in the motorhome. I must admit, in my old age I have developed a strong attraction to waking up in a Travasak with percale sheets on a queen-size air mattress in the big tent! If the site has electricity, then there will necessarily be a coffeemaker sitting on an ice chest beside the mattress, timer set to go off ten minutes before the alarm does. Having had enough of taking a week to get everything ready to go, and upon return taking a week to get everything cleaned up and stored away during my 20's, 30's and 40's, I currently am enjoying the minimalist approach to camping, seeing how little I can take and still be comfortable and happy. Enjoy loading the boat on Rayburn and going: Catch a fair amount of crappie, fish till dark, and hit the bank with the hammock or the Tentcot. Love getting up REAL early before dawn to be out in the boat to watch the sun rise while casting. Prespawn is upon us, and will be in the woods as part of fishing through mid-May when the fish move off the brushpiles and out into the lake. Be safe, and leave it like you found it...or better.
Working...
X