Weight of Kodiak 10X14 flexbow tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of Kodiak 10X14 flexbow tent

I know the total weight of the tent is 79 pounds. What I want to know is how much the tent weighs, without poles and stakes. I am 69 so I would like to know just how much weight I will have to move. I haven't been able to find the weight for just the tent, or poles, listed. I have a Kodiak 6011VX on order but the delivery date has been changed to late April. The 10X14 is in stock but weighs 11 pounds more. The wife and I have camped for about 50 years but we haven't camped in a tent in 20 years. The Kodiak tents look to be far better than any tent we have owned. We are looking forward to using the tent on car trips and fishing trips to the beach. Any information will be appreciated.

Re: Weight of Kodiak 10X14 flexbow tent

Originally posted by Rakes View Post
    I know the total weight of the tent is 79 pounds. What I want to know is how much the tent weighs, without poles and stakes. I am 69 so I would like to know just how much weight I will have to move. I haven't been able to find the weight for just the tent, or poles, listed. I have a Kodiak 6011VX on order but the delivery date has been changed to late April. The 10X14 is in stock but weighs 11 pounds more. The wife and I have camped for about 50 years but we haven't camped in a tent in 20 years. The Kodiak tents look to be far better than any tent we have owned. We are looking forward to using the tent on car trips and fishing trips to the beach. Any information will be appreciated.
    I have the Kodiak 10x14 and i have never weighed it. What i do is pull the car to the spot im going to pitch the tent and all i have to do is drag it to the edge of the door or rear hatchback and drop the tent out on to the ground tarp i use and then roll it where i want and still able to postion the ground tarp with the tent still in the bag. I would say the tent wieghs no more then 40 pounds and the stakes have some weight also. The poles are not that heavy and much easier to carry then the tent . You shouldn't have a problem if you do it like i said. You could even place it on a tarp on the grass and drag it.. The only time i lift it is putting on a cart to take it down stairs and lifting it in the car. The tent in its sack is even big enough for 2 people to hold on to. It not as heavy as you think.

Just to let you know make sure you have someone to help you lift the package when it is delivered. When i went to the receiveing in my building to bring it up stairs it took me and another person to lift the box on a shopping cart. Try to get a hand truck if you can cause its very heavy in the shipping box. Enjoy your Kodiak..
    Last edited by swebob; 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM.
    Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

I am gonna guess the tent fabric itself is about 60 pounds. The poles are in a different bag, so that helps a little. The poles that are best suited to answer your question is the manufacture. I will include the contact information and when you call please do me a couple of favors. !) post the information here for future reference
      2) Tell them you were given information about them from www.CampingFroums.com
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I own the Kodiak Cabin 10 x14 Wall Tent. The poles weighed in at 51 lbs and the tent weighed in at 50 lbs for a total of 101 lbs on our bathroom floor scale. Perhaps this will help.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Appreciate the information received on this post
          Looks like will be camping in a 10X10 Kodiak, 6011VX, tent. The 10X14 model is now out of stock, and has a late April ship date for all new orders. No reason now to change my order. The 10X10 should be large enough for the wife and I, and lighter. The wife insist on a tall queen air matress and a portable toilet. Looks to me like that should fit with a little room to spare. I hope to be able to stand the air matress on it's side to give more room for rainy day activity. If one of the boys show up they better have a tent.

Comment

Wow! That is a lot of tent!

I have a couple of big canvas tents and they are HEAVY, but I never weighed them. The biggest of them probably does weigh in excess of 100 lbs.

I am a pretty big/strong fellow, so I can schlep 100 lbs without thinking too much about it now, but I doubt I will be wrestling with a canvas hippopotomus at 69 years old like the OP Mr. Rakes!

I get a kick out of the nostolgia of canvas. The canvas and waterproofing "bouquette" brings back fond memories. When I pitch a big canvas tent, fire up a hissing Coleman two-mantle lantern, and cook on an old Coleman 425 two burner stove with white gas, my long departed Dad is just about right there with me. I bet he comes down from heaven just to sit next to me on camping days like that. For cold winter camping, canvas is a lot warmer than nylon.

BUT.... single ply canvas isn't nearly as waterproof as a nylon tent with a fly and canvas is hot in the summer. So for me, canvas tents are exclusively for cold winter.
            Last edited by Mike; 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

The OP grabbed one of the Kodiak's w/ windows on all sides. Heat dissipation will be much less of a issue for him, I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
              X