Re: New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New here

I know this is an old thread and you probably have found your solution by now but here is an idea for people that only have a small car that can pull 1000 pounds. The fine folks at Columbia Northwest make a product called the A-Liner that is a lightweight all hard side pop up camper. It pops up in the shape of an a-frame and goes from towing to setup in about 5 minutes. They are made in Pennsylvania and are hand built and not mass produced. They have several models that can be customized to meet your weight restrictions. They make a model (the A-Lite) that you can even tow behind a motorcycle as its weight is only 650 pounds. We purchased the A-Liner Sport and had it customized to take out all the appliances and the heat and air so it would fit the weight restrictions. Our Sport weighs in at 1102 pounds and pull very easily behind my 2002 Buick Lesabre Limited. We even put about 25-50 pounds of gear in it and it pulls great. It is so lite that it hardly impacts my fuel economy. My Buick usually gets about 28-30 mpg and with the trailer it drops to about 24 mpg. This a real winner. We are patiently waiting for it to warm up so we can camp in our new camper.
Working...
X