Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mather Point Vista

Howdy,
    While camping at the south rim of the Grand Canyon during a powerful winter storm we ventured out to see what we couldn't see! The only place that wasn't shut down and closed because of blowing snow was the area around Grand Canyon Village and Mather Point. We actually spent over three hours setting up camp. The campground only had one loop open out of the eight loops and we were the only tent there, other people in RVs were there, but I will never call them campers; they were just people in RVs. These RVs did run their generators at night and we hardly got any sleep because of all the blasted noise! I complained to the Park Rangers but nothing was done. We camped here two days and only one night. Our coldest night! It was a real struggle packing up the following morning, but we accomplished the impossible and got the heck out of there. Total snow was 14" and the wind chill brought the temp down to -10 degrees. You can't just get a room at the Grand Canyon in winter, it's a very popular place and rooms are booked years in advance. We did a little sightseeing and here are a few photos. More photos can be found in my albums(Camping Grand Canyon 2009 it's finished) on my user page but only registered campers can view those photos. So if you haven't registered here at http://www.campingforums.com, there is no better time than now. It's fun and it's 100% free. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 01-04-2010, 05:38 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Working...
X