Northeast camping for event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast camping for event

Hello. I'm new to the forum and I apologize for being so bold to ask help from the group so soon after joining.
    There is a club based out of Rockland County, NY that runs a camping / astronomy outing called the Summer Star Party. Until Covid, we camped for 29 years together. So I know most of the members of the club. And while I'm not a member, I consider them all friends.
    The club had been running the event at the Shady Pines Campground on Rt. 116 in NW Massachusetts from 1992 till it went under around 2016 I believe. Fortunately, the found a new campground at Peppermint Park 10 miles east. It had an event field roughly 100 yards on a side. They ran a 60 amp line and ran 20 amp outlets to 3 locations on the field for telescope equipment. Wonderful people.
    When Covid hit they closed the park to all but seasonal visitors. Then with the labor shortage, they cancelled our event and began putting in more RV spaces, potentially sacrificing the event field.

The club is looking for a location / campground that has dark skies, electricity, and an expansion field that could support 100 campers? The rough area would be near NY Rt 87 no farther south than Woodstock, no farther north than Albany or the northern edge of Ma. and no farther east than mid Connecticut.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Starpartyguy.
Working...
X