Tarp pullout options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarp pullout options?

Y'all are going to get a hoot out of this one. I love my double hammock and I have been using it through hunting season this year, stealth camping deep in the national forest. A better hammock tarp is next. I'll sleep in the hammock into May on my fishing trips, but by Labor Day weekend it is just too hot AND HUMID for this old man to stay in one. Going fishing and sweating all day…AND ALL NIGHT is not an option. Not going fishing is definitely not an option either. This area of East Texas inland from the coast is second only to New Orleans in its discomfort level due to our high temperatures, but mainly due to our constant 80-90 percent humidity. I did it when I was a younger man. But being older now, you learn to adapt. At 57 I have found ways to go light and still be comfortable. Relatively light. Light for boat camping. When it gets hot I revert back over to the tentcot, and I need to retrofit side pullouts on it for a modification, hence this thread. Why am I modifying a tentcot with tarp hardware? Some background info would help:

I fish 110,000 acre, 50 mile long Sam Rayburn, most days until after dark, for crappie, then beach the boat and stealth hammock camp in the Angelina National Forest, miles from any other campers. However, in the Texas heat I go with the tentcot. I put a 6000btu window air conditioner on top of an ice chest up against the side where it blows in the side door. I connect that to my 2000 watt Honda generator. Yeah, I know…only down South, Right? But I digress…

It only turns enough rpms to put out the watts demanded, and with the A/C on low the demand is low, as are the rpms...it hardly makes any noise. Barely a hum at fifty yards, and I sleep like a baby in its white noise. I freeze instead of sweat. It takes a while for your core temp to drop, but when it does it gets cold in there. It’s nice to be pulling on cover during the summer instead of throwing it off.

I need the pullouts to better configure the tentcot's door material fitment around the A/C. There is not enough slack in its design to use the tie-on type of pullouts, and the clip-on type won't work for what I am planning. I could have some sewn on, but that would require that I dismantle it, something I'd rather avoid if non-sew pullout options are available. What are my non-sew options, if any?