Interested in Camping in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in Camping in Florida?

I'm new to this forum, but not new to camping. I've been camping since I was 5, and have always loved it. Here's what my boyfriend and I have been posting in our different forums to try to round up some fellow campers. Right now it seems that most people that want to come are more Northern Florida, so we might go to a campsite more in Central Florida. This is all the information on a campsite in Palmdale, but it might move. If we do change sites I'll update with information. :-)

So my boyfriend and I are rounding up some friends to go camping with us. He's also asking people in his knife, gun and flashlight forums if they are interesting and I decided it would be cool if I asked here. :-) We live in Fort Myers Florida, but the campsite we love to go to is in Palmdale, Fisheating Creek. We don't have dates yet for when we want to go, but are thinking late July. We're 19, and have some friends that are 18 and 20 that are coming. Any age range is more than welcome to come. Dogs are allowed as well as long as they are nice and on leashes at the campsite. The campsite is very beautiful and it has a lake to swim in and a creek that you can rent canoes or kayaks at, it's a ton of fun.

They have tent and RV sites, but we do the tent sites. I'm not sure how much the RV sites are, but you're welcome to do those if you wish. The tent sites are around $16 a night with two tents per site. If you had a few people to share your tent, then it would be only a few bucks per person. It's well worth it. They have a little store at the front of the campgrounds that has a few supplies and food. They also sell wood, a bucket for $10. I suggest bringing the wood you can, but their wood is fine. We're going to bring any lighter wood we can find, so you're welcome to some of that as well. Just bring your own food and camping supplies (tent, sleeping bags, blankets, tarps, etc.). We have a grill, but the more grills the merrier. If you have any question as to what else to bring I'm more than happy to answer. I've been camping for around 15 years.

You can bring whoever you wish, your friends are more than welcome to join. We're also open to working on dates if you *really* want to come, but can't get out of doing something on a certain day. We're all nice and open to meeting new people and I hope a few of you all are interested.

Any questions you can ask on here, PM me, or ask for my e-mail or facebook. I tend to be on a lot so I should get back to you quick.

-Shelley
Working...
X