Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Pizza Dough for Camping

Howdy,
    Here's a simple-to-prepare, classic pizza dough that is ideal for most toppings and I make this ahead before we leave for our camping destination, and you can too!

1 cup warm water
    1 package active dry yeast
    2 1/2 to 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Now 4 steps:
    1. Combine the water, yeast, & 1 1/2 cups of flour in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the oil, salt, and remaining flour. With your washed hands or a large wooden spoon, work the ingredients together until the dough holds it's shape (you may need a bit less flour, so add the last half gradually).

2. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface(granite counter-top is where I do mine) and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, 5 minutes. If the dough becomes sticky while you are kneading it, sprinkle a bit more flour over it.

3. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled 2-quart bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel(what I use), and let the dough rest until it has doubled in size, 1 hour.

4. When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface(counter-top), divide it into two or more parts(see below) and roll them into balls. Cover these with a couple of towels and let them rest for 15 to 20 minutes. The dough is now ready to be shaped, topped, & cooked. Wrap these balls in plastic wrap and transport them to your camping sight (in your cooler)or leave a couple at home to have later when you return from camping. It's easy to make a pizza when you get home.

Two 12" pizzas(4 portions)
    Four 6" pizzas(4 portions)
    Eight 3" pizzas(8 appetizer portions
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Working...
X