Found a small table...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a small table...

Small, light weight relatively (vehicle) packable and relatively inexpensive;
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/BCP-Alumi...&wl13=&veh=sem
    I ordered it from wally mart but there are several other places to get it on the web. ~ $35. (look for free shipping)... could not find it on Amazon.

Three heights (adjustable); 20”, 23”, and 26”
    Folds to: 23.75”(L) x 17.75”(W) x 2.25”(H) (top is one piece/does not fold)
    Weighs around 5 pounds.
    Glossy surface, fiber board top (not sure how well this will standup to water)...has a slight 1940's-early 50's vibe...
    legs are mounded in single shear (supported only at one end of the bolt) with relatively small bolts; so its not meant to stand heavy, or even moderate, loads...
    Its much more stable than the TV tray tables that I sometimes use and roughly the same height (at highest leg extension).
    The reason that I got it; the porta potti will slide underneath (a problem with a TV tray table), maximizing in-tent floor space...
    Not terrible, chinese quality.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 03-23-2017, 08:48 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Re: Found a small table...

Nice Table Happy Joe! It should work well for you and it's intended purpose. Been following your DYI table thread from earlier. It's nice that it has some height adjustment.

Since we've got a thread on tables...I'll share a table I bought last week. It's a Trekology Table. All aluminum, comes in three sizes, and costs $30-$45. Link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Trekology-Cam...rekology+table

Click image for larger version

Name:	Table.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	70750

Descriptions, sizes, weights per Amazon:
    *Hard-top, waterproof, solid construction … so useful that you can use it for all types of outdoor activities!
    *Top-notch quality that is built to last … made with aerospace-grade aluminum alloy that is super durable so you can use them for a long time!
    *Compact so you can carry it anywhere … they can fold to easily fit into your car/RV/canoe without taking up much space, so you can have a table wherever you need it!
    *Low height so you can use it with/without a chair … the tables at roughly adult’s knee height which is extremely approachable!
    *Lifetime Warranty … We are confident in the quality of our products. If you encounter any issue, just contact us! Your satisfaction is guaranteed!

Specifications: three sizes to choose from
    *Small: Surface area 15.6'' x 13.6'', 12.8'' height (39.5cm*34.5cm*32.5cm), 2.2lb (1000g)
    *Medium: Surface area 22" x 18'', 16'' height (56cm*45.5cm*40.5cm), 3.5lb (1500g)
    *Large is: Surface area 27'' x 18'', 16'' height (68.5cm*45.5cm*40.5cm) , 4lb (1800g)
    *Max Load (approximate): 50 lbs/23kg
    *Color: brown/coffee

Package Includes:
    1*Alumnium Table Top
    1*Main Frame
    1*Carrying bag

I got the small size as I really wanted a very lightweight, easy to transport table that can be utilized either by campfire to hold drinks, etc. or in the tent as a nightstand for keys/wallet/glasses, etc.

I skipped on any table with a hardboard or fabric surface due to Happy Joe's concern with possible weather exposure/damage. Even a good coating of morning dew can cause some particle board surfaces to bubble (I have a Coleman kitchen that is experiencing this... :( )

Since we typically use REI Flexlite chairs, which have a lower seating position...a lower table by the campfire works great for us. It arrived quickly and had it set up in a minute due to it's hubbed "tent pole" structure. The top snaps onto the legs. Done. I like that the carry bag has 2 separate sleeves inside-one for the legs and another for the aluminum top. It should help protect the aluminum top from being scratched from any mud/dirt that may be on the leg pieces when packing up.

I'm heading out with my Boy and my Dog next week for some camping/hiking/fishing and I'll be bringing the table. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out, but upon initial box opening and set-up...I like it!
    Last edited by a65hoosier; 03-23-2017, 09:01 AM. Reason: pic not showing up
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

That's a good table too!
      I have a similar one with about a 30" square top... thought about using it in the tent, but its on the large size ...works good for playing cards (except they sometimes slip through the cracks)...
      (Edit); almost forgot the couple of similar (quite handy) fabric topped small ones that get use for camping end tables... they work great next to a chair as refreshment/munchie support, and occasional cooking/stove support with a sheet of Lexan (to provide a hard surface)...
      I figure, if the top, on this table, has issues I can replace it with some 1/8" Lexan or Plexiglas (or even some sheet aluminum)...This table appears to be a first production run since most fasteners are bolts with nylock nuts (they haven't figured out that rivets are cheaper, yet).
      Just set the new one up in the basement and at 26" tall its on the short side (but since I can bend over it will probably be OK (if all else fails I can make some leg extenders...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	table mirror,porta p and stuffDSCF0262.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	70751

Enjoy!
      Last edited by Happy Joe; 03-23-2017, 10:25 AM.
      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

OK - Let's do tables! Another Wally World cheapy - about $25. Picked mostly because its got an all plastic top that isn't affected by moisture and the adjustable height - low for when I'm out with the small setup like in the picture or high when I'm out with the cabin tent. Lightweight and folds up small. A great addition for roughing it smoothly.

Last edited by MacGyver; 03-24-2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I picked up thisClick image for larger version

Name:	green table.jpg
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	70753 for my camp chairs. It's taller so the dogs don't knock off my stuff with their tails. Folds flat to store under my dinette table. Weighs nothing. And it's bright green to go with my orange chairs!

Bought this Click image for larger version

Name:	aluminum table.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	70754a while back It works nice as a food table. Don't bring it when I'm camping solo, but do when I have others joining me. The one I have is rectangular - 28-by-28-by-43 inches.
          Last edited by toedtoes; 03-23-2017, 09:46 PM.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
            Nice Table Happy Joe! It should work well for you and it's intended purpose. Been following your DYI table thread from earlier. It's nice that it has some height adjustment.

Since we've got a thread on tables...I'll share a table I bought last week. It's a Trekology Table. All aluminum, comes in three sizes, and costs $30-$45. Link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Trekology-Cam...rekology+table

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5960[/ATTACH]

Descriptions, sizes, weights per Amazon:
            *Hard-top, waterproof, solid construction … so useful that you can use it for all types of outdoor activities!
            *Top-notch quality that is built to last … made with aerospace-grade aluminum alloy that is super durable so you can use them for a long time!
            *Compact so you can carry it anywhere … they can fold to easily fit into your car/RV/canoe without taking up much space, so you can have a table wherever you need it!
            *Low height so you can use it with/without a chair … the tables at roughly adult’s knee height which is extremely approachable!
            *Lifetime Warranty … We are confident in the quality of our products. If you encounter any issue, just contact us! Your satisfaction is guaranteed!

Specifications: three sizes to choose from
            *Small: Surface area 15.6'' x 13.6'', 12.8'' height (39.5cm*34.5cm*32.5cm), 2.2lb (1000g)
            *Medium: Surface area 22" x 18'', 16'' height (56cm*45.5cm*40.5cm), 3.5lb (1500g)
            *Large is: Surface area 27'' x 18'', 16'' height (68.5cm*45.5cm*40.5cm) , 4lb (1800g)
            *Max Load (approximate): 50 lbs/23kg
            *Color: brown/coffee

Package Includes:
            1*Alumnium Table Top
            1*Main Frame
            1*Carrying bag

I got the small size as I really wanted a very lightweight, easy to transport table that can be utilized either by campfire to hold drinks, etc. or in the tent as a nightstand for keys/wallet/glasses, etc.

I skipped on any table with a hardboard or fabric surface due to Happy Joe's concern with possible weather exposure/damage. Even a good coating of morning dew can cause some particle board surfaces to bubble (I have a Coleman kitchen that is experiencing this... :( )

Since we typically use REI Flexlite chairs, which have a lower seating position...a lower table by the campfire works great for us. It arrived quickly and had it set up in a minute due to it's hubbed "tent pole" structure. The top snaps onto the legs. Done. I like that the carry bag has 2 separate sleeves inside-one for the legs and another for the aluminum top. It should help protect the aluminum top from being scratched from any mud/dirt that may be on the leg pieces when packing up.

I'm heading out with my Boy and my Dog next week for some camping/hiking/fishing and I'll be bringing the table. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out, but upon initial box opening and set-up...I like it!
            Hoosier, when you get back home do this and you'll be happier in the future.

The weak point on your table is the plastic.......part (canna recall what it's called) that holds the metal tubes in place at the base. Use reinforced duct tape on the the plastic part to give it extra strength and longevity. My air mattress stand used the same method of construction and boyyyyyy was I peeved when the part broke and I couldn't find any where to buy it for a repair/replace moment.
            For my new bed stand , I used an Xacto knife to cut a single layer of duct tape to fit on the top, bottom and all sides of the plastic and imagine a utility cutter would work just as well. Now if the plastic breaks the duct tape will hold it together.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

First I gotta say I weally like the fact that the height is adjustable and it has tipped tube legs.
              The top looks like it's made out of the same material as my camp kitchen so should hold up fairly well if to the weather if used w/i a tent. Should the top break (prolly during storing on my end) easy to repair too.
              2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

This is the table we use for eating and lounging around the fire:

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/table...20in%20a%20bag
                2017:

Comment

We like this table for sitting sound the fire.
                  https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Time-Tab.../dp/B0018Q4UP6

Comment

When I flip down the tailgate...that's a nice table!
                    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

You guys have convinced me. I need to have some sort of table to have next to my camp chair....maybe a big rock.
                      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                      – E. B. White

Comment

Problem with the big rock is that it's never in the right place. And then there's the problem with the rattler that lives under the big rock...

I did just pick up this table: https://www.amazon.com/Tabletote-Por...computer+table

I'm going to give it a try inside the clipper when we're crashed on the sofa. It should hold my drink, snack, etc., while I read.
                        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

On a more primitive level square cut sections of log (standing with the flat surface top and bottom) have been used successfully as both stools and tables (need to carry a chainsaw and watch out for pitch/resin though).
                          Rocks are usually uncomfortable and round (first beer balances OK but later there is an increasing danger of alcohol abuse/spillage).

Enjoy!

(edit); like button stopped working for me...
                          Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-20-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                            On a more primitive level square cut sections of log (standing with the flat surface top and bottom) have been used successfully as both stools and tables (need to carry a chainsaw and watch out for pitch/resin though).
                            Rocks are usually uncomfortable and round (first beer balances OK but later there is an increasing danger of alcohol abuse/spillage).

Enjoy!

(edit); like button stopped working for me...
                            Look, if you don't want to 'like' people's posts just don't 'like' them. No need to make excuses.

:mdr:
                            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                              You guys have convinced me. I need to have some sort of table to have next to my camp chair....maybe a big rock.
                              A big flat rock...but maybe in yer neck of the woods that would place you in a run off area...
                              2017:

Comment

Working...
                              X