Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tent with large mesh windows with no way to cover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent with large mesh windows with no way to cover...

I have a tent with 2 large triangular windows that are mesh and there is no nylon flap to zip over the window if I choose. I want to retrofit my own flaps onto the windows for warmth but also because the rain fly seems to want to touch against these mesh windows and then rain leaks and drops right into the tent.
    What are my options as far as procuring a material I could use for this and for fastening it to the interior of the tent?

In the meantime while I was waiting for this post to be greenlit I bought some nylon shower curtain and cut it to size, and I thought I would use some very sticky backed velcro to fasten this flap over the window and use some really sticky duct tape to seal it up at the very bottom, but neither item turned out to be sticky enough to bond to the nylon tent.
    I realize this is not the ideal solution to address a leak and that doing something about the rainfly touching against the tent is the preferred option, but at the very least I would like to implement these flaps because as it stands right now this is a summer tent only due to how wide open to the air it is.

Comment

Mesh Windows with no cover?

Howdy GleepGlop,
      Wow, that's a good question! Have you tried a product called Liquid Nails. Superglue might be worth a try also. However, if you live where there is rain coming in you'll have to apply a westher sealant to the fabric, but read your products label carefully. I have never tried a repair of this kind, I have been fortunate to go out and purchase a new tent.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sounds like you may want to purchase another tent :rolleyes: ... preferably one that is rain proof or at least one that has a rain flap. Just my two cents.:o

http://www.familytentdeals.com

Comment

Howdy Gleep,
          If you know how to use a sewing machine and small stitching you could forget the velcro. Or if you take the tent to seamtress and hire it out with the shower curtain material. Waterproofing the seam is easy work. It's the stitching that would be hard.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
          X