Standing Room Tents Family Cabin: It attaches to your 10' x 10' canopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing Room Tents Family Cabin: It attaches to your 10' x 10' canopy

Hey guys and gals, I got a new tent for the new year! I needed something big, sturdy, and comfortable, because my significant other doesn't like ruffing it too much. She tried backpacking me with and she didn't enjoy that very much. I was pretty comfy sleeping on Thermarest sleeping mats but she has back problems. I plan on taking this into the mountains for a snow camping trip. I have a Mr. Heater tent heater that I'll use, passing the gas line outside to a 5lbs propane tank. The roof has a hook that I'll hand a Deitz oil lantern on. I have a queen sized inflatable, plenty of room inside, but I prefer using 2 cots. I'll have a "entertainment" corner where I'll have 2 backpacking chairs and use the cooler as a table for playing cards.

So I choose this type of tent because of the easy set up. I had an Ozark Trails 10 by 10 canopy and all you have to do is "clip" it onto the frame. Now you have a really sturdy cabin style tent. I'm 6'1" and i can stand in all for corners. Tons of space inside, just a little under 10' x 10' and the roof at the highest point is 8.5'.

Specs:
    Waterproof heavy duty 150d polyester
    10' x 10' x 8.5'
    tub styled floor, keep the mud and water out
    2 sky lights
    4 doors, convertible to screen doors
    4 utility pouches
    hook on the roof for a lantern
    outlet for power cable or propane line

Here's a video of the setup:

Re: Standing Room Tents Family Cabin: It attaches to your 10' x 10' canopy

...I like mine... although it is on the heavy side, smaller than 10x10 (closer to 9 x 9), may require some customization to fit a given canopy (had to make sidestrap extensions) and something of a pain for one person to set up and breakdown;

<<<NOTE; I see this exact same original post on several sites and now suspect that it may be intended as an advertisement>>>

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 01-23-2018, 01:00 PM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Many of my hammock camping friends are so because of back problems. Some even replaced their bed with a hammock in their house!

Comment

Originally posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
        Many of my hammock camping friends are so because of back problems. Some even replaced their bed with a hammock in their house!
        A Coleman folding cot (with spring suspension) along with an extra foam pad has eliminated all my back/sleep issues while camping... takes a lot of room to pack in the Jeep but its worth it!

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
          I see this exact same original post on several sites and now suspect that it may be intended as an advertisement
          I haven't seen this post elsewhere and I still immediately thought, "Advertisement".

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            I haven't seen this post elsewhere and I still immediately thought, "Advertisement".
            Me too.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
              A Coleman folding cot (with spring suspension) along with an extra foam pad has eliminated all my back/sleep issues while camping... takes a lot of room to pack in the Jeep but its worth it!

Enjoy!
              I did the cot thing before transitioning to a hammock. It's night and day - a hammock done right will change your life! And EASY to pack :-)
              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                I did the cot thing before transitioning to a hammock. It's night and day - a hammock done right will change your life! And EASY to pack :-)
                ... They are a bit hard to hang/use in a tent, however...

Used to carry one as an emergency afternoon snooze device during hot summer trips... worked fairly well... The biggest down side is the potential for several days/nights of inclement weather (or 6" of June snow overnight) near tree line, in the mountains...

Enjoy!
                Last edited by Happy Joe; 01-27-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I ditched the tent. A good tarp takes care of the weather concerns. But yeah, you have to have trees to hang it from.
                  2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                  X