Gear suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear suggestions

But so far (getting older and Oldtimer's disease seems to be setting in) it is maintained mentally so it was never added to the list of lists.
    Paper is dead and is a "list" that s never seen/referred to still a list?

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Yes. A list can be paper, electronic or mental.

Heck your morning routine is even a list.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

The stuff I take is in bins in the garage so it is pretty obvious when I am leaving something. I do make lists if I need to replenish something. Like, if I am running low on paper towels on this trip I will write it on my shopping list for next trip.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

What about portable Ice Makers. I have been using Igloo Ice Maker for a longtime and it worked perfectly for me.

Comment

I briefly considered a portable solar powered (via a battery and solar panels) ice maker several years ago; at the time it looked like it could work if supplied with sufficient solar power.
            IMO, an ice maker could work, pretty well. if vehicle camping or at sites with sufficient utilities, solar power or a generator.
            ...Mmm crushed ice drinks in the shade... or around the campfire...

For backpacking ; it would, likely, be a tad heavy.

...Plans change! Gear evolves!...

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

The portable ice maker ice is not very frozen. It would be OK for drinks, but not to refresh a cooler.
              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
              X