Kingdom 6 tent pole measurement help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingdom 6 tent pole measurement help

I recently purchased a used REI kingdom 6 tent. Can I ask someone to measure the length of their crossover tent pole? I need to know how long it is so I can get a (missing) replacement one made.

Re: Kingdom 6 tent pole measurement help

REI should be able to supply you with that information. If not, try tentpoletechnologies.com. They have a lot of tent measurements in their database.

Comment

Originally posted by typicalnuser View Post
      I recently purchased a used REI kingdom 6 tent. Can I ask someone to measure the length of their crossover tent pole? I need to know how long it is so I can get a (missing) replacement one made.
      Hey typical....Welcome to the Forum!

You may have a wait for a forum member to measure the crossover pole and reply (if one has an REI Kingdom 6 and happens to see your post).

Instead, I would contact Tent Pole Technologies either via website or good old telephone (link to their site below). They make replacement poles and/or just a pole section for most tents...fiberglass or aluminum. They also already have the pole dimensions (both length and diameter) for a large number of tent brands/models. I'm fairly certain they would have the measurements for the Kingdom 6....since it is a popular tent.

http://tentpoletechnologies.com/
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

MacGyver----beat me by a minute. Ha!
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I can get you a measurement this evening if you still need it. But MacGyver and Hoosier already have you pointed in the right direction for a replacement.

Great tent choice BTW! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by maynard727 View Post
            I can get you a measurement this evening if you still need it.
            Show off! :p

Comment

Originally posted by maynard727 View Post
              I can get you a measurement this evening if you still need it.

Great tent choice BTW! :-)
              This. This is why this is a good forum. Thanks maynard for the assist.

And I agree, the REI Kingdom series has a lot going for it.

sigpic

Comment

206.125" total length.

The posts are 0.75" on each side (include in above measurement).

So if you wanted the shoulder to shoulder length from the interface of the pole and the grommet on either side you're looking at 204.625".

Pole diameter is approx 0.5". (Don't have an OD mic at the house...)

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  Show off! :p
                  Guilty! :lol::lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X