coleman propane two burner stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coleman propane two burner stove

I have a two burner coleman propane stove I tried to use during hurricane irma. The stove really hasn't been used much, but i had for a while. The problem is when i try to thread the regulator to the stove , it leaks right where it trheads to the stove. Does anyone know if I need a new regulator, or is there some other kind of fix.

Re: coleman propane two burner stove

check for a missing/cracked o ring on the connector that threads into the stove; Just inside the knurled internally threaded part in the pic....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	coleman stove to proane connectionDSCF0303.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	71001

hope it helps...
    Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Also, you could put plumbing tape (teflon) on the threads, if the O-ring is intact. There is also teflon thread sealer in a tube, like a toothepaste tube.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
        Also, you could put plumbing tape (teflon) on the threads, if the O-ring is intact. There is also teflon thread sealer in a tube, like a toothepaste tube.
        Tape is meant for joints that are fixed, not removable. But if for some reason you do go with the tape, make sure it's the yellow kind - made for propane. Propane will break down the white tape. The same goes for the stuff in a tube - it has to be designed for propane as well. I went with Rectorseal T Plus 2 for the adapter I just made.

Comment

Working...
        X