Canvas tent question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas tent question

Hi everyone and thanks for all the great information.

I have springbar tent that I have had for a couple of months and due to work and the weather I have not been able to set it up and wet it down for the first time per the instructions. I will be going camping next week and will try to wet it down and let it dry after I set it up at the camp site but the weather forecast calls for rain the first few days of the camp out. If after wetting it down if it does not dry and we get rain will this cause any problems or will canvas swell up and perform as it should?

Thanks
    Rick

Re: Canvas tent question

Bump. Can any Canvas Tent owners advise on RickS question?

Welcome to the Forum RickS!!!
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I can't foresee any problems with the canvas. Wet is wet. The problem comes from storing it wet. But I can't see wanting to camp in a wet tent. Personally, I would go camping with a tarp over the tent and worry about the wetting down and drying when you get home.

Comment

I got back from camping a day ago and the tent had no problem with the rain and it rained a lot. Macgyver I would like to do the tarp over the tent but I have no experience with setting up tarps and after seeing others end up with destroyed tarps I would like more knowledge and practice setting one up before I put one to use. I also found that I was totally unprepared for that much rain, three days non stop and only two days that it did not rain at all during the eight day outing. I stayed dry but we had others in out group that did not do so well.

Comment

Help my reply's are not getting posted.:(

Comment

Working...
          X