Stove and dutch oven padded carry bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stove and dutch oven padded carry bags

I want to make some padded carry bags for my old Coleman stove and my dutch ovens. I have an old military canvas tarp and some cheap sleeping pad foam from walmart for my materials. I don't have a heavy duty sewing machine, so I will be using a stitching awl for this project. I am looking for ideas of how to go about this. I don't have much sewing experience.

My stove is:

21 1/4" L X 13" W X 3 1/2" T

I cut the top and bottom foam pieces already. I made them 1" Bigger in length and width, but can cut them back a bit if I need too. I might keep it simple and only pad the top and bottom, but having the sides padded would be nice. I will definitely pad the sides for the ovens if the bag for the stove goes well.

How much should I add to the measurements when cutting the tarp pieces?

If any of you have done this or something similar I could use some advise.

Thanks.

Re: Stove and dutch oven padded carry bags

Sorry! I can't help much (sewing is not something I do excep buttons and very occasional repairs).
    If I were going to make something like this, though, I would leave lots of extra material around the edges then trim it later if its in the way.

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
    X