Coleman sundome opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman sundome opinions

Hi all. I'm new to the forum,but not new to camping. I grew up camping and over the years i havent camped and lost all of my gear. I plan to start purchasing things over the winter and fall and i'm interested in the coleman 6 person sundome tent. For the next few years i will only go camping 2-3 times a year so i cant justify the more expensive kodiak canvas flex tent. But one day i hope to have one. So any opinions on the coleman is much appreciated.

Re: Coleman sundome opinions

I know it's an old thread, but figured I'll answer should someone else be researching this topic. My wife and I are on our second Sundome tent (technically, the first one wasn't a Sundome per se, but same design and from Coleman). We've been very happy with them. The first one lasted about 10 years, getting used about 3 ~ 5 times a year. It weathered many a storm, including a "minimal" tropical storm while beach camping in SC (snapped a tent pole, but patched with duct tape and later replaced). Our second one (the 10" square model) is still going strong. It too has never let us down, even during some torrential downpours in Maine and some (with nearby tornadoes) in FL. They're not the most expensive tents, but if you take care of them (make sure they're clean and dry before putting away, etc) they'll give you years of fine service.
    Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Comment

I too have had excellent service from my Coleman tents. I suggest you seal the seams around the bottom. That's the only place I've had issues with them. First few uses we're fine but once they have been up and down several times they begin to leak slightly at those seams. I guess they stretch? Have withstood many Alabama afternoon and overnight thunderstorms.

Comment

Hi, everyone. I'm new here, just a few days at your forum. But I'm a camper with many year of experience. So, I decide to write my opinion about Coleman. I'm not sure about coleman 6 person tent, but last five years my wife, I and our kids useing SUNDOME 4-person tent. So, I can say that it is quite enough high quality tent. Last year we сaught a thunderstorm with high wind and heavy rain popped up. This tent stayed up and was dry, we were inside it during the storm and felt safe in it. Of course, this is not a Kodiak canvas tent, but for it's price Sundome, I think, best choise.

Comment

We had the sundome 6 person tent from coleman....it was a good tent. Only reason we dont have it anymore is the pole got bent and then last time we camped we had strong winds and the tent didnt hold up.... other then that it's good in rain... stays nice and dry inside and lots of room inside

Comment

If you somehow still have that tent, www.tentpoletechnologies.com can make you a new set of poles out of aluminum that won't give out like stock fiberglass poles are prone to do under heavy stress.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerfan81 View Post
              We had the sundome 6 person tent from coleman....it was a good tent. Only reason we dont have it anymore is the pole got bent and then last time we camped we had strong winds and the tent didnt hold up.... other then that it's good in rain... stays nice and dry inside and lots of room inside
              If you somehow still have that tent, www.tentpoletechnologies.com can make you a new set of poles out of aluminum that won't give out like stock fiberglass poles are prone to do under heavy stress.

Comment

Oh wow cool thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                X