Montana/Idaho Wildfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana/Idaho Wildfires

Has anyone noticed that while Texas is flooding Montana and Idaho are burning?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: Montana/Idaho Wildfires

I live in central eastern WA. very close to the Idaho border, we have light smoke here
    every day for the last two months from Wa. and Ore. wildfires as well .

Comment

Yep!... although I wondered during the early stages of the flooding; why apparently healthy folks were being ferried about in shallow water by people walking and dragging boats instead of walking themselves...

I was struck by the pictures of elders in the old folks home ...

Wildfire is something that I do worry about, its always bad... we were camping this last weekend near an area that was devastated by fire about 14 years ago and it will be decades longer before its mostly recovered.

Enjoy!
      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
      Ground tents work best for me, so far.
      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

They are boated out because even though the water is shallow, there are undertows that can drown a person. I learned that back in the 80's when we faced a flooding creek bed through my home town. Same sort of undertows that can sweep you over Niagara Falls if you wade at Goat Island in less than 2 ft of water.

Being in California, I notice this paradox a lot. While we're facing a drought, the East is having severe rain. While we're facing wildfires, the South is drowning. While we're facing flash floods, the midwest is facing drought. Sometimes I think that instead of building oil piples, we should build pipes that less of move excess water from one area to another - with the ability to change that flow as the weather changes.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Idaho burns every summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Jack View Post
            Idaho burns every summer.
            It's probably the potatoes
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
              It's probably the potatoes
              Now called French Fries

Comment

Working...
              X