Day Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Trip

I was looking through the pictures on my phone yesterday and I the camping pictures just about killed me. I am going to try again in Oct. but since I will NOT survive that long I am going to try a day trip up to the Mogollon Rim in general and Lake Chevelon in particular. A couple years ago I was thinking of taking a camping trip up there but my mind being what it is I totally forgot. So now I think it would be a good idea to get out of the heat for a day and go with the wife up there and check it out for future camping trips.

It is supposed to rain here all weekend so I don't know if it is actually going to happen but I will try. I mean, a little rain doesn't hurt right?

“I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: Day Trip

I guess I'm too addicted to bringing all my gadgets and comforts to do day trips anymore, but I have zero problem with going out when it's raining. I can sit out under a tarp and vegetate just as easily as any other time.

Comment

Re: Day Trip

The wife & I used to do one night campouts quite a bit before we got married. Whether heading out with the bed of the truck loaded up or loading everything onto ATV's & venturing to a high mountain lake, we have some great memories from those trips. That was back in the day when planning for a "camping" trip was much more simple, as opposed to now where it takes days to prepare for a "glamping" trip - LOL.

Enjoy the day trip & send that rain north because Montana is currently burning up.....literally !!
      2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Working...
      X