Surge protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge protector

I like to bring along a surge protector power strip to use with the generator when dry camping or the 15amp outlet at the pole if I have a site with electric. I usually set up a small table for charging items and carry power strips designed for use on the floor. Most of my camping gear (lights, weather radio, e-reader) charge via USB.

I ordered this one this morning. Thought it was kind of nice - 8 outlets and 6 USB ports and is vertical instead of horizontal.

https://www.cnet.com/news/get-an-8-o...64045553681575
    Last edited by actad; 08-01-2017, 01:25 PM.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Re: Surge protector

Thanks for posting this actad.....I've been looking for something like this & I think this would work perfectly !!
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

How long is the power cord? I like the design but if the power cord is too short the unit is going to end up on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeN View Post
        How long is the power cord? I like the design but if the power cord is too short the unit is going to end up on the floor.
        Specs say 6 ft.
        - Laura
        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

That should work. Often surge suppressors have 2-3 ft cords and have to lay on the floor.

Comment

Working...
          X