Tested Out the New Kodiak Canvas Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested Out the New Kodiak Canvas Tent

My wife was out of town for the week so I took a few days off and headed to northern MN to test out my new tent. Just me and the dog. Oh, I took the boat as well.

Setting up the Kodiak canvas tent was a breeze.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3523 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	72981

I brought the dog its own cot and pillow. That was a hit.

Name:	IMG_3524 (1).jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	72982

I caught a few muskies and a nice walleye.

Name:	musky leech 1.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	72983

Name:	musky leech 2.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	72984

Name:	IMG_3533.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	72985

Some things I forgot: paper towels, fork and butter knife, plastic bin to wash dishes, battery powered fan, poop bags. Time for a new stove as my single burner caught fire at the base. That was tricky shutting it off. I had to act quick and get it off before she blew.

All and all I am very pleased with the tent. The no see um mesh somewhat hinders air flow but that is ok. I didn't get the damp dewy feel in the morning like I have with my other tents. Plenty of room.

I will be getting a carpet for the floor and I need to get a small dust pan with broom/brush. I can hardly wait to get this out again.

Re: Tested Out the New Kodiak Canvas Tent

I grabbed a few heavy moving blankets off eBay for the floor of my tent. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jopopsy View Post
      I grabbed a few heavy moving blankets off eBay for the floor of my tent. Just an idea.
      Let us know how it works out.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Sounds like the trip was successful! Poop bags are a nessecity now with dogs. I always have thgem in the clipper, but it never fails I get about 2-5 minutes down a trail and realize I forgot to grab them. I try to keep a roll with the camera gear now - I never forget that.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I use a checklist when i pack. Keeps the forgetfulness down. Welcome to the Kodiak family.
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
          X