Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My next trip

Originally posted by James. View Post
    Those are awesome pics. Good to see you had a great time.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Those photos remind me of some "find the hidden sniper" pix...
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by BluegrassLady View Post
        James, you were in some beautiful (albeit rough) country! Bet you really enjoyed your time out there!
        Thank you. The pictures really did turn out well. And it was a really good time.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

James, great pictures. It looks like beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The next trip is taking shape. Going to make the last weekend of October a long one by taking Thurs. and Fri. off. And I think I just decided on where I will go. A good spot that I found on the trip where I almost got my truck stuck. The spot is right before the road got really bad. I might try to get my wood burning stove made by then. Long shot but hope springs eternal.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

The next trip is taking shape. Going to make the last weekend of October a long one by taking Thurs. and Fri. off.
              Doing the same thing a week before you. My gang always goes out for a trip somewhere near my birthday - now a bit of a game because of one overly bubbly woman in the group. She's one of those people who always want to make a big deal about birthday and I couldn't care less about it. So, while she swears she'll figure it out or I'll slip and tell her what the exact day is, no one's told her for years now. It's funny to watch her get frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                Doing the same thing a week before you. My gang always goes out for a trip somewhere near my birthday - now a bit of a game because of one overly bubbly woman in the group. She's one of those people who always want to make a big deal about birthday and I couldn't care less about it. So, while she swears she'll figure it out or I'll slip and tell her what the exact day is, no one's told her for years now. It's funny to watch her get frustrated.
                Mac - Your B-day must be very close to mine in October. I'll be taking a camp trip around same time in Oct also. I haven't figured out which weekend or where yet. Just the wife and I on a weekend "camping" date (kids and dog are staying home).

lol....that "big deal birthday" woman sounds like an individual that would also make sure to tell the restaurant workers it's your birthday....so they can come out clapping and singing headed toward your table with a flaming cupcake/whatnot....whilst you attempt to disappear. I've never had this done "to" me...because I've let it be known I will kill any said individual. lolololol
                Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

The next trip is taking shape. Going to make the last weekend of October a long one by taking Thurs. and Fri. off. And I think I just decided on where I will go. A good spot that I found on the trip where I almost got my truck stuck. The spot is right before the road got really bad. I might try to get my wood burning stove made by then. Long shot but hope springs eternal.
                  I like knowing I have a trip upcoming. The menu planning, gear choices, weather forecast watching...all build the excitement as the leave date rapidly approaches. Hope you have good weather and a great camp.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                    I like knowing I have a trip upcoming. The menu planning, gear choices, weather forecast watching...all build the excitement as the leave date rapidly approaches. Hope you have good weather and a great camp.
                    I am pretty much the opposite. I don't start doing anything until (usually) the week before.
                    – E. B. White

Comment

I am pretty much the opposite. I don't start doing anything until (usually) the week before.
                      lololol....ohhhh I don't actually "do" much of anything either until the few days before I leave (I do get my maps together and identify the trails I'll be hiking fairly early). But just knowing I've got a trip upcoming seems to put a bit of spring in my step. Meals and temperatures dictate the gear I'll be bringing so I'll start pondering that the week or so before. But actual food purchase/prep and gear pulldowns/packups occur only a day or two ahead of time.

sigpic

Comment

lololol....ohhhh I don't actually "do" much of anything either until the few days before I leave (I do get my maps together and identify the trails I'll be hiking fairly early). But just knowing I've got a trip upcoming seems to put a bit of spring in my step. Meals and temperatures dictate the gear I'll be bringing so I'll start pondering that the week or so before. But actual food purchase/prep and gear pulldowns/packups occur only a day or two ahead of time.
                        Gotcha. We are definitely birds of a feather. I am trying to get better about the prep though. Planning meals, buying ice, cooling food, where I am going, etc. are better when done in advance. Last trip I didn't know where I was going until I was almost there.
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Mac - Your B-day must be very close to mine in October. I'll be taking a camp trip around same time in Oct also. I haven't figured out which weekend or where yet. Just the wife and I on a weekend "camping" date (kids and dog are staying home).

lol....that "big deal birthday" woman sounds like an individual that would also make sure to tell the restaurant workers it's your birthday....so they can come out clapping and singing headed toward your table with a flaming cupcake/whatnot....whilst you attempt to disappear. I've never had this done "to" me...because I've let it be known I will kill any said individual. lolololol
                          I hate those people. I have actually walked out when someone does that to me (note: if you walk out, make sure you have everything and don't go back in).
                          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                            I hate those people. I have actually walked out when someone does that to me (note: if you walk out, make sure you have everything and don't go back in).
                            It bugs me that they can't sing happy birthday. There was a lawsuit about the validity of the trademark on that song. I think it will be put in the public domain soon....maybe already...I don't know for sure. I will have to check on that.

I'm drunk. :boobies::wine:
                            – E. B. White

Comment

It bugs me that they can't sing happy birthday. There was a lawsuit about the validity of the trademark on that song. I think it will be put in the public domain soon....maybe already...I don't know for sure. I will have to check on that.
                              I checked about a dozen sources and this one seems to sum up the issue most concisely:
                              https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ll-to-pay-14m/
                              Looks like karma wins again! Love seeing they're going to have to pay back a ton of money for their BS claim of ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                                I checked about a dozen sources and this one seems to sum up the issue most concisely:
                                https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ll-to-pay-14m/
                                Looks like karma wins again! Love seeing they're going to have to pay back a ton of money for their BS claim of ownership.
                                Thanks for the look up. I didn't do it last night and already forgot about it by this morning. Glad to see that there is still some common sense left in the world.
                                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                                X