I can relate to this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can relate to this..

As a Waffle House manager in a former life, I have found a piece of cooking gear (apart from my $5.99 mess kit) that I actually would know what to do with! Runs on propane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Griddle._SX450_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	72980
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Re: I can relate to this..

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
    As a Waffle House manager in a former life, I have found a piece of cooking gear (apart from my $5.99 mess kit) that I actually would know what to do with! Runs on propane.
    Hey Irate...I 100% agree. I just got one of those Blackstone 15" griddles last Christmas for car camping adventures. I can report (from 2 trips so far) that it works very very well. A winner piece of gear for us. Best appearing (evenly golden) and tasting pancakes I have ever had camping in a very long time (no more one half dark/other half light...like when using a Coleman type stove and a round fry pan). Provides even heat (uses an H shaped burner under the griddle) and cleans up fast and easy.

Here my son is manning the griddle for a meal of Italian sausage and peppers/onions on our last car camp:

Name:	Matthew Griddlin 1.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	70818

Name:	Matthew Griddlin 2.jpg
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	70819
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Re: I can relate to this..

I know how to work a griddle, let me tell you! I can cook ANYTHING on one. It's a big item (plus propane) to lug around, but if I ever find myself in a group camping situation it would fill the bill nicely.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
      X