Pin Missing from Pin and Ring Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Missing from Pin and Ring Assembly

Hello All, I'm looking for a quick way to replace a missing pin from and ring and pin assembly that came with my shower tent. I don't want to send it back to the company because of a trip I'm planning for later this month. The ring is strong and snug in it's cloth loop just the pin is missing. Any ideas on something I can pick up at the hardware store to replace it with, like maybe a cotter pin? Thanks in advance. Blue

Re: Pin Missing from Pin and Ring Assembly

Hey BGLady!
    Got picture or link to your shower tent's "innards"? They are manufactured in more than one way so I've an idea but not completely sure. A carriage bolt? A strong hook and eye set from the hardware store using only one side? A big bobby pin with a flexible gauge wire wrapping?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Here is a pic of a typical ring and pin assembly at the bottom where the pin goes into the bottom of the pole. Then you put a stake through the ring into the ground to help stabilize the tent. The whole assembly is sold various places on the internet but I'm looking to replace just the pin.

Comment

Im sure similar could be fabricated with an eyebolt and keyring
        most hardware stores would have the parts

Comment

A second on the eyebolt. Smaller eyebolts can usually be pried open with a sturdy screwdriver to slip the ring in, then closed with a hammer or a pair of visegrip pliers. You might even be able to find a long bolt that isn't threaded all the way down so you can cut off the threaded part with a hacksaw.

Come to think of it, if you don't feel like doing that, you could just pound in a small metal rod/large nail inside the ring and put the pole over that.
          Last edited by MacGyver; 06-08-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Im in with the eyebolt. Seems like a slam dunk...unless there is something we are all missing.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I found an eye bolt with screw threads just a bit shorter than the original and threaded it onto the ring which is just like a key ring. That is the short term fix until I find my old tent in the shed and take one the of pins off of it. I remembered it after I had posted this. Thanks again guys, you are the best!

Comment

Working...
                X