Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tentr furnished campsites - Glamping

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
    Well, as I am frequently reminded, everybody has a different idea of what "camping" is. Being an amateur naturalist, my idea is probably different from somebody who maybe watches 12 hours of TV every day, or plays racquetball before coming home from work.
    Probably right about different ideas
    my idea of a naturalist is teddy roosevelt
    who had a team of workers on his expeditions local guides
    people to carry the gear set up camp cook his meals
    guess he was glamping

Comment

It might be an alternative to renting a cabin, but a membership would not be for me.

Comment

My home sits on six lots with the house on one lot. My property was a former riverfront campground in the 1940's and still has a brick outdoor fireplace that has survived the years.

So, I set up my camper to face the river near that firepit and glamp it up outside with all the things that are too big or unwieldy to carry along for a 3-4 day trip, or that we have found are are too time consuming to set up and tear down.

We have been limiting our camping to fall season - less heat, less people. And, we are very minimalist with what we set up when we camp - a couple of chairs and a candle lantern. Don't need much to watch the changing leaves/clouds/stars and listen to the birds.
        - Laura
        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
          It might be an alternative to renting a cabin, but a membership would not be for me.
          I may have read it wrong
          but believe membership fee applies to land owner to list their camp on the site
          camper pays the listed per night cost

Comment

Working...
          X