Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tentr furnished campsites - Glamping

Too bad I don't have a spare 15 acres
    Does give me some ideas for setting up a permanent site on my property. I like the wooden decks.

Each Tentrr site has a standard format: expedition tents set on wooden decks, Brazilian wood picnic tables, Adirondack chairs, and sun showers.

You can also expect everything you’d need to have a good time, plus a few luxuries. The tents are equipped with air mattresses and featherbed toppers, while outside the company provides portable camping toilets, fire pits, cookware, and grills.
    Each campsite sits on 15 acres or more....
    Each tent keeper pays a one-time, $1,500 membership fee to join, which covers the setup of their site. Campers pay a 15 percent booking fee, and some of the profit goes back to the landowners.

Tentrr is more expensive than normal campsites at an average price of $127 per night.

https://www.curbed.com/2017/6/2/1572...-hudson-valley
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Re: Tentr furnished campsites - Glamping

Only in America... It's mind boggling to me that someone would pay that much to go camping, or even glamping. I picture the kind of people that would as having a lot more dollars than sense. Me? I won't even go camping at places that are way closer to me than my beloved Green Ridge State Forest because they're somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 a night.

Comment

The sites are located on a lot of land is intriguing as is the fact that the company is setting up near urban areas. Definitely a market out there but it sure is pricey. Not seeing anything about sewage and clean water access though.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Yeah, I'm with the "not at that price". If it were in Africa or the Galapagos, etc., then maybe - but for a camping trip in the US? Nope.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

"Whatddaya mean Sherpas cost extra?"

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            "Whatddaya mean Sherpas cost extra?"
            lol...yes, yes, they do. I got my Sherpa on sale...although it doesn't carry gear very far on its own:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camp Chef Sherpa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	70813
            2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
            Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
            Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
            Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I thought sherpa was what you answered when dad asked if you finished your homework.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                I thought sherpa was what you answered when dad asked if you finished your homework.
                :tussor:

Comment

The last time I used a sherpa, the darn dog jumped in the lake with the backpack still on her back... Soggy tootsie rolls just don't cut it. Now I sherp my own As.
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I can see this as an attraction to city slicks. Maybe convert them to real campers. Whatever gets them outdoors, I'm in favor of.
                    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                      I can see this as an attraction to city slicks. Maybe convert them to real campers. Whatever gets them outdoors, I'm in favor of.
                      I get the impression that people with the money to do this aren't going to be converted to "real campers". They'll go back after their vacations telling everyone how they roughed it for a week and showing them dozens of pictures of how primitive their surroundings were. Can you really picture Skippy hovering over a backpacking stove, under a tarp in the pouring rain, waiting for the water to boil to make his dehydrated spaghetti? And Violet wouldn't dream of sleeping on anything less than a mattress with a memory foam topper!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                        I get the impression that people with the money to do this aren't going to be converted to "real campers". They'll go back after their vacations telling everyone how they roughed it for a week and showing them dozens of pictures of how primitive their surroundings were. Can you really picture Skippy hovering over a backpacking stove, under a tarp in the pouring rain, waiting for the water to boil to make his dehydrated spaghetti? And Violet wouldn't dream of sleeping on anything less than a mattress with a memory foam topper!
                        ....you just described almost everyone I know.....

Oops:out:

However, in all seriousness, you have to take into account that in some urban areas, parking for the camper, storage for the camping supplies and quite possibly the wheels to get there are in short supply and when available are expensive to keep. My 3 week long camping trips cost a minimum of 3.5K just for the car and that doesn't even account for the logistics "agita" I have to go through securing the vehicle.

Now to be honest, I'm not sure how a Tentr purchase would solve all those problems but if having no neighbors for a stretch of time suits your needs so be it. On and here's a heads up: For a one week rental in the Hamptons prices start around 3K this summer.
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

i have been looking at some glamping sites
                          not tentr but there are quite a few private camps that offer such
                          main reason is its about the only way the wife would camp
                          as for cost, i have spent a heck of alot more than that on a heck of alot less
                          paid $300 for a kodiak tent that i used twice, so that tent cost me $150/night

Comment

I wonder how much they really "get outdoors" with this. I read a post from a woman on another forum who did it - they walked to the winery down the road, they roasted marshmallows. That was all they did "outside" for a weekend. The rest was about being "in the tent" and eating gourmet food.

I can sort of see it when doing an African safari - you want the comforts but also the sense of being out there.

But here in the states, there's nothing "exotic" about the locale so why not stay at a nice hotel?

Comment

Well, as I am frequently reminded, everybody has a different idea of what "camping" is. Being an amateur naturalist, my idea is probably different from somebody who maybe watches 12 hours of TV every day, or plays racquetball before coming home from work.
                              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                              X