Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserving for next season

Hi all,

im new here. My hubby and I have decided to try seasonal at a campground. The owners are placing us on a site that is typically used for 4 season camping, knowing full well that we camp only Spring thru fall. They are now pushing us to book for the winter as they have someone who wants our spot. This is fine, but what rights do we have for returning to the same sight in the spring next year? I thought that I read somewhere that we had first dibs on a spot for the same weekend the following year if we booked it. Would this be true for seasonal too? Thank u!!

Re: Reserving for next season

I would think the rules are whatever the owners of the campground say they are. From a business standpoint, I could see the owners wanting someone who does book year 'round and would prefer them over you. Have you asked them what's what?

Comment

Sounds like the owners are trying to get you to pay for year round. I would just talk to them politely and say:

We are not interested in a year round site, only a seasonal one. If you can offer us a seasonal site, we will be happy to stay. Otherwise, we'll find another campground.

Basically, you have 3 choices:
      1. Pay for a year round knowing you only want it seasonally;
      2. Convince the owners it's in their best interests to accept you as a seasonal camper;
      3. Find another campground.

As to your rights, i'd recommend reading through the agreement form BEFORE signing. If they won't let you have a copy to read, then cut your losses now and go elsewhere.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherM View Post
        Hi all,

im new here. My hubby and I have decided to try seasonal at a campground. The owners are placing us on a site that is typically used for 4 season camping, knowing full well that we camp only Spring thru fall. They are now pushing us to book for the winter as they have someone who wants our spot. This is fine, but what rights do we have for returning to the same sight in the spring next year? I thought that I read somewhere that we had first dibs on a spot for the same weekend the following year if we booked it. Would this be true for seasonal too? Thank u!!
        Welcome to the forum....also, I have never heard of seasonal/year round campgrounds. What/where are they?
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Many folks use them with RVs. You basically pay rent each year for a specific campsite in a private campground. Then you have use of it for the entire season/year. Most people park their trailers on them and leave them set up, then go stay on weekends, holidays, etc. There are usually campground activities, etc., happening and many campers return every year so there are groups and/or cliches.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
            Many folks use them with RVs. You basically pay rent each year for a specific campsite in a private campground. Then you have use of it for the entire season/year. Most people park their trailers on them and leave them set up, then go stay on weekends, holidays, etc. There are usually campground activities, etc., happening and many campers return every year so there are groups and/or cliches.
            How much does something like that cost?
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

I don't know. I've never looked into it myself as it is too "social" for me and I like to go to different locations (and any seasonal campgrounds around here would be down in the heat and not up in the forest).

Comment

Working...
              X